Monday, January 23, 2006

What a bunch of garbage.


"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him" (Phil. 3:8-9).

I wonder what kind of garbage I've been collecting? What is it that I need to dump out of my life in order to gain Christ?

Sometimes it's hard to let go of dependence on ourselves. But we have to, because what we really need isn't something we can provide on our own. Paul recognized that his high regard for following religious law wasn't enough. He needed something more. Something he couldn't produce on his own. He needed Christ.

And everything he'd held so dear for so long was garbage compared to knowing Him.

Here's to taking out the trash...

1 comment:

  1. man, I am so with you on this one. It's definately time to look around my life and take out some trash.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

weblogUpdates.ping theoquest http://www.theoquest.blogspot.com/