I was hoping for a hundred people to get involved. Not just for the money's sake, but a hundred people to invest themselves in the lives of our students. I was hoping to be able to cover the cost of the trip with the fundraiser, but we're well short of that hope. I just finished totaling everything up and thought I'd share some quick stats.
100 envelopes available.
Gifts given in increments of $1 from $1 to $100.
35 envelopes taken.
30 envelopes returned (maybe the other 5 will still make it back).
I'm really grateful for the 30 people who've given. God will use what you've given to build into the lives of these young kingdom workers. This is a great start to this summer's trip - please be praying and watch how God will provide for the rest. Let me know if you'd like to sponsor a student.
So, I need your opinion. This was the first time we'd done this type of fundraiser and I'm trying to evaluate whether it's worth doing again. About 30 people seemed to feel pretty good about it, but what about the rest? We raised way more money than we've raised with any other single fundraiser but one, but we were way short of the goal. So is this:
- a bad idea... If you fall that far short of the goal, it was a bad idea to start with.
- a good start... $1746 dollars is a great first step.
- a stupid way to raise money... Why would I want to just put some money in an envelope without the kids doing anything to earn it?
- a good idea... I just didn't have anything to give this time. We should do it again sometime & have the envelopes out longer.
- huh... What envelopes? I should show up more often 'cuz I don't even know what you're talking about Mike.