Wednesday, August 03, 2011

What's a Healthy Youth Ministry Look Like?

I had a brief discussion the other day with another youth minister about where youth ministry is at today - where things are going well and where youth ministry in general could improve. I'm not one to say that youth ministry is a total failure and may not have even been a good idea in the first place, but I have seen some practices that I think are unhealthy habits at best that we need to stop doing or do better. There is room for improvement.

But this has me thinking... I've been in youth ministry full time since before the Y2K bug failed to hatch. Before that, I read and studied about everything youth ministry related I could get into my paws for 4 years of college. I live and breathe in the waters of youth ministry and like a fish doesn't know it's wet, maybe my perspective is skewed.

I know some of you who read this blog regularly have a similar place in the world of youth ministry and some do not. Some of you are parents, some are students, some are curious relatives, and some are secret agents of enemy forces keeping tabs on me (ok, maybe not so much of that last one). Your vantage point on youth ministry may reveal something to you that I don't notice, so I want to know...

What are you seeing in youth ministry?

What needs to be better?

What are the marks that help you recognize a healthy student ministry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

weblogUpdates.ping theoquest http://www.theoquest.blogspot.com/