Monday, October 10, 2005

progress...

Got a townhouse rented today. 3 little bedrooms, solid walls, and a roof that doesn't leak...

It's wierd thinking of packing up everything and storing it until we have a house big enough to unpack. Why do we have so much stuff we don't need? Some moments I see the contrast in having so much and those who have so little... or have just lost the little they did have to a hurricane or earthquake or war. Kind of makes you (me) feel a little guilty. I mean it's not like I've set out to accumulate the stuff of American life... but it's found me anyway. And at the same time, I don't want to be ungrateful for the opportunity and privilege that has come just because I was born in this time and place. Just pray I'll be responsible and faithful with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

weblogUpdates.ping theoquest http://www.theoquest.blogspot.com/