Monday, July 27, 2009

Time to Work

After two weeks of camp, I'm back in the office today. I enjoyed both weeks, but I'm tired. Honestly, I could use a break, but the mission trip is coming in two weeks and there are still some loose ends to tie up before then - plus all the wrap up from camp (reports and gathering up the last of the late payments, etc.).

This last week, I took some good time to reflect on where I'm at and where my ministry is headed. There's some stuff there that I don't really like. Not sure what to do about it, but could definitely use your prayers for wisdom, the humility to recognize it as wisdom, and the courage to do something about it when wisdom has been made known...

Meanwhile... there is some awesome stuff happening that is really exciting. People are tired of sitting 'in church' and are trying to figure out how to 'be the church'. I love that - I pray that more people would stop 'going to' church! It's awesome to see God moving in His people, stirring them to service through things like the soup kitchen (which has seen more people volunteer in the last 3 or 4 months than I remember seeing in the last 3 years), Habitat for Humanity (we had a group putting up a roof, installing insulation, and painting a home last weekend), and stocking our community food pantry.

Also, I'm really excited about the Coldwater mission. This trip is going to stretch our group like nothing we've done before now. Faith is not mindlessly assenting to the evidence at hand - it is being certain of what we do not see. I am certain that God is at work in this world. It is time for us to exercise our faith and join Him in His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

weblogUpdates.ping theoquest http://www.theoquest.blogspot.com/