Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I AM...love...I AM grace...

Finally got to a point of time and availability where I can send out an update (i.e. I'm not currently piloting a 15 passenger silver bullet).

I'm in Durango this week with the CIY group. The drive out was pretty long, but we're here. We stopped yesterday at Royal Gorge - the world's highest suspension bridge. It was awesome. The river below is, well.... it's WAY below. Shaun and Dan and Cady and I all did the Skycoaster. 1200 feet above the canyon floor suspended in a harness on a cable, "swooping" by at about 50 mph! It was quite a swing... After that, the drive over the pass and through the canyon was incredible. I love being back in the mountains.

--------

The theme for the week of conference is "This is me" - God revealing Himself to us. Today we've gazed into the depth of His grace. He truly is grace and love, which was the focus of last night's first session.

I've really been hit with how I strive for perfection in so many things. I don't want to show any holes, I don't want to not know something that I should, I don't want to need... Often that ambition for perfection is a pathetic attempt to earn God's love - or at least to make myself worth loving. What a stupid way to live. He has already made me worth loving and nothing I do can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

weblogUpdates.ping theoquest http://www.theoquest.blogspot.com/